Prepare supporting information
Please make sure you have the following information available before you submit your manuscript:
Full names and email addresses of all co-authors on your manuscript.
A cover letter that includes the following information, as well as any additional information requested in the instructions for your specific article type (see main manuscript section above):
- An explanation of why your manuscript should be published in Evolution: Education and Outreach
- An explanation of any issues relating to journal policies
- A declaration of any potential competing interests
- Confirmation that all authors have approved the manuscript for submission
- Confirmation that the content of the manuscript has not been published, or submitted for publication elsewhere (see our Duplicate publication policy)
- If you are submitting a manuscript to a particular special issue, please refer to its specific name in your covering letter
You may suggest potential peer reviewers for your manuscript. If you wish to do so, please provide institutional email addresses where possible, or information which will help the Editor to verify the identity of the reviewer (for example an ORCID or Scopus ID). Intentionally falsifying information, for example, suggesting reviewers with a false name or email address, will result in rejection of your manuscript and may lead to further investigation in line with our misconduct policy.
Excluding peer reviewers
During submission you may enter details of anyone who you would prefer not to review your manuscript.
2016 Journal Metrics
28 days from submission to first decision
10 days from acceptance to publication
1576.0 Usage Factor
Social Media Impact
This journal is indexed by
- Google Scholar
- Academic OneFile
- EBSCO Science Reference Center
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Expanded Academic
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- Summon by ProQuest
- Zoological Record
Check if your institution is a member
More than 500 institutions have partnered with SpringerOpen through the membership program. As an affiliated Author from a member institution, you may be entitled to submit your manuscript without paying the article processing charge (APC) or with a discount. Check here if your institution is a member!
Evolution: Education & Outreach also has waivers available at the Editor's discretion. Authors can contact the Editor in Chief for more information. For more information on APCs, please see here.
- ISSN: 1936-6434